Sunday, June 06, 2010

The first Misty Day ..


For long now, has been all sunny and bright,
But there has to be a change, and came today,
The clouds would have made a peacock dance,
They Gathered courage to sprinkle some water,
For they had given the first sprinkles before,
Only during midnight for the fear of Sun,
But now in the presence of the punishing sun,
Without any more fear because monsoon's backing.



So the direction was set for my legs to the waters,
But this time into the lonely marshy lands,
Where the waters will dominate soon,
With no trace of surface under the legs,
Only the dead and live plants forming the surface,
I walked mercilessly by crushing them,
Towards the distant green of Kol Dongri,
The last of green spots in this wonderful campus.

Then came the wanderers above the head,
To show a sneak purview of the days ahead,
The rains fell slanting down on my head,
And drenched my back in no time, I cursed my camera,
For I could have got drenched the other side too,
The distant sky scrappers disappeared for a while,
In the white mist of showers from the sky.


The passing clouds passed by and a pal joined me,
With his curses in my ears for the wonderful path,
We trudged towards the side of the greenery,
But the Sun decided to take bid adieu for the day,
As we reached near the greenest of the patches,
So we decided to come back again, very soon,
Before the area is drenched by the monsoon ahead.



Any takers ?
More: http://picasaweb.google.com/krishnan.srinivasarengan/TheFirstMistyDay#




No comments: