Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Not even once ?

The world around is going aground,
As I trudge through the thickets around,
My droopy eyes search for the one,
With knowing there might be none,
Same results through the last few years,
That I have to return with dreary eyes.

Started a few years ago all this,
When I got into the realm of bliss,
With the chances of striking gold,
I was sure of staying calm and bold,
For all the imagination and movies seen,
I was sure to find my life's sheen.

Things around me grew increasingly cold,
As my life in here grew more old,
The empty feeling of going back,
Without being one among the pack,
Not of those who are hitched or ditched,
But of those who have been witched.

When claims of sightings come along,
I start wondering where do I belong,
Lakeside or hillside I go everywhere,
But it all seems to take nowhere,
All you see is the warning boards,
And the empty words of security guards.

When a friend gets a chance and goes hi-fi,
I have nothing to do but pacify,
That I will be one of them soon,
And that day I will be over the moon,
But now the time has come to a close,
I feel like shouting in high voice:

"Hey stupid Panther, where are you?"


For all the passing out junta who are leaving the campus without this big
accomplishment in IIT Bombay: Spot a Panther.

No comments: